Wednesday, December 10, 2008

8 Things Tag

I've been tagged by Angela

8 Shows I Watch

1. O'Reilly Factor
2. Hannity (and that other bloke)
3. History Channel
4. Animal Planet
5. Old movies
6. CSI
7. Mentalist
8. 24

8 Restaurants I Love

1. Market Street Grill
2. Hamilton's
3. Ruth's Chris
4. Fredrico's
5. El Sol...on a Monday
7. El Sol...on a Wednesday
8. El Sol...anytime

8 Things I Did Yesterday

1. Woke up on the Coral Princess in Fort Lauderdale, at the end of a 10 day cruise through the Panama Canal. It was tough duty...your Mom made me do it.
2. Hugged and kissed goodbye four lovely senior black ladies from New York, who were delightful dinner companions....Ann, Adele, Audrey and Delores. Those four have seen the world. I asked Ann how many cruises they had been on together. She just said "Two a year...at least."
3. Said goodbye to Allen and Lisa Smith, from Kentucky...our other dinner companions. Wanted to hug and kiss Lisa, but thought better of it. Lisa was a tall, drop-dead gorgeous blond who claimed to have been a teacher for 21 years. When I saw her in a bikini by the pool I knew she was lying to us. Her body was only 20 years old. Kathie And I were amazed to see her luggage...one small carry-on size bag. Kathie said that she did not need a large suitcase because bikinis do not take much room. Following a more up-close and personal encounter with Lisa by the pool one day, I reported to Kathie that Lisa was showing her age...I actually saw a few wrinkles and dimples. I'm real smooth...I know what women want to hear.
4. We were to fly stand-by to Atlanta, but we were on the bottom of the wait list. (Your pilot brother has no seniority you know) Everyone but Kathie and I boarded, then our names were called and we made it. It was really close.
5. Same story in Atlanta...only our chances looked even worse. At the last minute the gal at the gate said "They are closing the doors...if you run you can make it". She did not even give us a seat assignment. As we ran she yelled..."take any open seat you can find...there are two on row three in first class". So we flew home first class. I tell you Ang...that little brother of yours is OK...seniority or no seniority...he's a keeper.
6. We talked with a missionary in Atlanta who was flying home to Salt Lake on medical leave...by himself. He was seriously spooked about being alone...even more spooked because he had a girlfriend at home. He was a tall handsome kid...had been a boxing instructor at the U...should be able to punch his way out of a clinch. Hope he gets his back fixed.
7. We were picked up by Park'N'Jet at the Salt Lake Airport. When we got to the parking lot, the driver asked each passenger which area they parked in. Then he wanted a description of each car. The first person said "Grey Cadillac Crossover", the next said "Black Lexus". It got annoying, because we were in your Momma's old van. When it was my turn I said "Silver Cloud Rolls Royce". That got the attention of the remaining passengers. The driver said "We don't got one of those". I said "Neither do I...see if you can find an old grey van with an Aggie plate." He said "Got it!"
8. Weighed myself before I went to bed...it was not pretty. But it was worth it.

8 Things I look Forward To.

1. The next cruise.
2. Christmas
3. Retirement
4. Did I say retirement?
5. OK...retirement.
6. Following your Mother around the house. (her worst nightmare)
7. Buying roses for your Mother.
8. Loving your Mother, our children and grandchildren...forever.

8 Wishes

1. I'm with you Ang...I wish Obama was not the President-Elect
2. I wish either Sarah Palin or Mitt Romney was the President elect.
3. I wish "Californians Against Hate"...were against hate...ie not so hateful.
4. I wish San Francisco would slide into the Pacific.
5. I wish I didn't hate.
6. But I wish I had a hand gun...Nate is taking care of that for me (and your Mom)
7. I wish I could travel and do family history for the rest of my life....and shoot straight.
8. Did I say that I wish I was retired?

8 People I Tag

1. Kathie
2. Andy
3. Jeff
4. Shelly Babe
5. Nicole
6. Missy
7. Kimi
8. Shane

4 comments:

Nicole said...

psst...Papa...I've already done one...but I'll do it again if you'd like :] Love you!

Tony said...

No worries baby. I'll check it out.

Love you.

Angie said...

Dad... I love it! You make me laugh. Especially when you noticed the dimple and wrinkle... just wondering which cheeks you noticed that on! Either way... a probably a smart thing to tell a wife of ANY age! And yes, I agree that 2009 is the year that you should follow mom around the house and drive her crazy! I love you!

Shelly Johnston said...

Dad! Oh my gosh! I love reading this post. I laughed and laughed and laughed, envied your closeness to certain restaurants, love that you love The Mentalist (me too!), also envied the easy that you and mom seem to have flying stand-by (although now my kids can say they were in 5 states - only 2 were next to each other - within a 26 hour time span!), can't wait to see you shot straight, and absolutely can't wait to see you following mom around the house... Hey! When mom banishes you, you're welcome in MN - come follow us around! Love you, Dad!